Acupuncture TMJ Treatments
Robert Vena, New Jersey Acupuncturist for TMJ Treatments in Englewood NJ 07631
Treating TMJ with Acupuncture in NJ
Robert Vena, L.Ac., MSTOM
New Jersery Acupuncturist
214 Engle Street Suite 23
Englewood, NJ 07631
How Acupuncture Treatments Can Improve Pain from Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
“Robert Vena, a talented, dedicated to the healing of others, totally on top-of-his-game practitioner. I met Rob a couple/few years ago. One of the things that struck me most about him was his concern for the comfort of the patient. Another was/is how he explains how the emotions and psychological situations in a patient’s/client’s life go hand in hand w/where in the body it is carrying the ‘weight’ so to speak.
The main thing is that on his table, in his presence I/one feels safe, cared for and with someone who not only knows his craft but continues to study. He strives to be better to make us better. I have been blessed to have been guided to this amazing healer’s hands.”
-Pamela R., NY
Although the term TMJ is applied to most difficulties associated with the area of the jaw, “TMJ” is actually an abbreviation for the Temporomandibular Joint. The TMJ, or Temporomandibular Joint, is a joint located on each side of the jaw. This highly specialized joint is unlike any other in the body, and gives our jaw the wide capability of movements that it possesses: sliding, pivoting, hinging, and more. The actual medical term for problems occurring in this part of the body is TMD, or Temporomandibular Disorder. Regardless, and for sake of ease, we broadly refer to such problems as “TMJ.”
Symptoms of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
So, what exactly are the symptoms of TMJ? And, how does one determine whether or not they have it? Following is a list of the symptoms most often linked to TMJ disorders.
- Tenderness or pain in the face, ear, neck, or shoulders that is affected by movements of the jaw
- A noticeably limited opening ability or range of motion of the mouth
- A fatigued, or tired feeling in the face, ear, neck, or shoulders
- “Lock-up” or jaws getting stuck in either the open or closed position
- Swelling of one, or both sides of the face
- Clicking or popping sounds experienced with the use of the jaw
- Discomfort or difficulty with talking or chewing
- A sudden, awkward feeling of a misaligned bite or teeth not lining-up correctly
- Seemingly mysterious symptoms such as sudden earaches, toothaches, dizziness, or ringing in the ears
My all-natural, TMJ remedies can be very effective at disrupting the TMJ cycle of symptoms and their accompanying misery. Don’t suffer with symptoms like these if you don’t have to. If you experience such symptoms or other mysterious ailments that you believe may be related to TMJ, real relief may be just a phone call away.
Common Causes of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction
Most TMJ patients are not only seeking effective TMJ treatments, but are also looking for answers and trying hard to understand the cause of their suffering. That said, let’s explore some of the main causes of these debilitating TMJ issues:
- Disc Erosion, Movement - Unfortunately, the complexity of the TMJ joint makes it quite susceptible to issues in some people. Within the Temporomandibular Joint itself, there is a specialized plate of fibrocartilage known as an articular disc. This disc, which helps to increase the stability of the overall joint, is known to erode or move out of place in some instances. Medical science has not been able to conclusively determine why this happens.
- Arthritic Damage - Arthritis is a condition in which the body’s joints show greater wear, inflammation, discomfort, and pain than they otherwise normally should. The TMJ is a joint, and just like other joints in the body, is susceptible to arthritic damage. In most cases of TMJ arthritic damage, the cartilage is actually degraded more so than the actual harder bone materials. Regardless, the troubling effects are no less severe.
- Impact Damage (Trauma) - As with any other part of the body, impact damage can cause severe problems to the Temporomandibular Joint. When the joint takes on damage from any kind of sudden impact, TMJ problems often ensue.
- The Unknown - In addition to these known causes of TMJ issues, there are also the unknown. Medical science is still in the midst of determining all of the causing factors in TMJ problems. Genetics, overuse of the joint, and even chemical involvement are all under investigation by the scientific community.
Another interesting bit of information is, that women suffer with TMJ problems far more frequently than men, and they typically do so between the ages of 20 and 40. Again, the reasons for this have yet to be conclusively determined by modern science.
Acupuncture Treatments for TMJ
As a leading NYC Acupuncturist for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction treatments in NJ, I am thrilled to be able to offer my patients the relief that they so desperately seek.
Contact Robert Vena, NJ Acupuncturist for TMJ Treatments
"Those suffering with TMJ disorders know how far-reaching this condition can be. If you are seeking an effective, all-natural, and virtually pain-free TMJ treatment in NJ, you can rest assured in knowing that you have come to the right place. Let me help you using the time-tested healing modality known as acupuncture."
-Robert Vena, NJ Acupuncturist
But don’t just take my word for it. Many legitimate, scientific studies suggest that acupuncture can treat TMJ-specific dysfunctions.
These studies have not only affirmed significant pain reduction, but also show that acupuncture can provide long term pain relief in TMJ sufferers.
What is important to note here is this; Even in cases of trauma from severe impact, acupuncture TMJ treatments have proven to be of great value to those who suffer with this condition.
So much so, in fact, that many health insurance policies now cover acupuncture treatments specifically for TMJ conditions!
As a New Jersey Acupuncturist specializing in TMJ treatments, I apply very specific acupuncture techniques to tap into certain energetic points around the body. These points can have a great effect on the Temporomandibular Joint, its condition, and overall function. The procedure is performed in a relaxing environment that allows for healing, and patients often fall into a deep sleep while undergoing treatment.
If you or a loved one are experiencing pain from TMJ, you have come to the right place. I am a leading source for all-natural, TMJ treatment in NJ. As an Acupuncturist for Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction I apply centuries-old, time proven methods that have helped countless sufferers break through the bonds of their condition. You too can do the same.
Copyright 2015 Robert Vena Acupuncture-In-NJ.com All Rights Reserved. Art Licensed by Shutterstock
This page was last updated: 6/25/2016
Robert Vena, L.Ac., MSTOM
214 Engle Street Suite 23
Phone: (201) 357-0904