Acupuncture PTSD Treatments
Robert Vena, New Jersey Acupuncturist for PTSD Treatments in Englewood NJ 07631
Treating PTSD with Acupuncture in NJ
Robert Vena, L.Ac., MSTOM
New Jersery Acupuncturist
214 Engle Street Suite 23
Englewood, NJ 07631
How Acupuncture Treatments Can Improve PTSD
"One day, several years ago, I showed up for an appointment at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and met a soon to graduate intern by the name of Rob Vena.
I have been following him ever since. Why? It seems he's not only an intuitive, compassionate, alchemical healer, but I actually see results, feel better longer, and trust his skills, know-how, and heart.
Go see him!"
-Pattie C., NY
PTSD, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, has recently received popular attention in the news. While not a new disease, doctors now recognize the need for PTSD patients to be helped. Many people associate PTSD with soldiers returning from the warfront. While this is true, sexual assault victims, family abuse victims, and those who have had a close-hand look at or brush with death can also experience PTSD.
Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Contact Robert Vena, NJ Acupuncturist for PTSD Treatments
"Most doctors prescribe medications to help alleviate the symptoms of PTSD. These pharmaceuticals only help to mask the problem and oftentimes come with unwanted side effects. I offer natural PTSD treatment in NJ using the ancient Chinese art of acupuncture. I strive to help you heal, and not simply cover up the problem."
-Robert Vena, NJ Acupuncturist
Symptoms of PTSD can appear up to three months following a traumatic event. This is the reason why PTSD sufferers often do not seek immediate help. The individual may feel that the event occurred a long time ago and that they have since moved on. It should also be noted that PTSD symptoms can be suppressed in young children as they learn to adjust and adapt to life. But, if caught early on, the child can go on to lead a normal adult life.
Patients may experience sudden flashbacks, during which they may feel that they are actually reliving the traumatic event. Some (especially children), may have nightmares that relive the event. Some may have triggers, such as a news story or a sound that brings the memories flooding back.
- Avoidance - Many patients avoid situations that remind them of the traumatic event. A soldier may avoid vehicles if he witnessed an IED explosion. A woman may avoid dating if she was the victim of rape. A child may avoid adults if they were abused. Many may even avoid seeking out help, simply because they do not want to relive the event.
- Physiological Negative Changes - After a traumatic event, the victim may change his/her view of themselves and the world around them. He/she may lose interest in relationships with others and feel that the world is a negative place. They may experience trust issues and be wary of new situations. Some may even block the traumatic event completely or forget entire parts of it.
The good news is that acupuncture PTSD treatments in NJ can help. I can work to help you overcome the traumatic events of your past. While prescriptive medications can be helpful in some cases, I use natural acupuncture PTSD treatments. My goal is to safely treat your body in a holistic way, free from dependency on drugs. As an Acupuncturist for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I want to help you heal for good, and not just relieve your symptoms.
Common Causes and Risks Leading to PTSD
Although it can affect anyone who experiences a traumatic event, women are more likely than men to experience PTSD. There are a few causes and risks that could potentially put one at higher risk of developing PTSD:
- Low Self-Esteem - Those with low self-esteem may be at a higher risk for PTSD. This can be particularly true for women who have been raped. They may feel 'dirty' or 'unworthy' after a rape. Children who are abused may also suffer with low self-esteem.
- Exposure to Repetitive High Violence - Those working in jobs with a high exposure to violence and traumatic events are more susceptible to PTSD. Soldiers and emergency workers are just two examples.
- History of Family Violence - While abuse can cause PTSD in children, it can go even further than that. Left untreated, these children may be unable to handle traumatic events as an adult. Adults who do not experience family violence as children are better able to handle stressful life events.
- Genetics - Those having a family history of depression and anxiety may also be at risk. While this alone does not mean that they will develop PTSD, a traumatic event may easily trigger it. Hormones and chemicals may also come into play here. How your brain processes a stressful event may or may not trigger PTSD.
Treatment of PTSD with Acupuncture
There are those who believe that PTSD affects only the brain. But this not the case. PTSD affects the entire body, and it is important to begin PTSD treatment as soon as possible. The sooner you begin, the quicker you can heal. I believe that acupuncture treatment for PTSD can help. My PTSD treatments in New Jersey can work together with your current treatment plan.
As an Acupuncturist for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I can help alleviate your suffering. Symptoms such as stress, anxiety, and insomnia can, in most cases, be easily remedied with acupuncture treatments. And, unlike some of the other treatment methods available, acupuncture does not require that you relive the traumatic event over and over again.
Recent studies have shown that PTSD sufferers reported PTSD relief after just twelve weeks of acupuncture. Patients also reported relief lasting up to three months after treatments ceased.
I understand that PTSD is unlike other health condition. It's a very private and personal one. Perhaps you haven't told close family members about it yet. Perhaps you feel that you are alone and may never experience PTSD relief. As an Acupuncturist for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, I'm here to help.
I want you to feel comfortable with me before we begin treatment. I can explain the treatment process and answer any questions you may have. Together, we can work to rid your life of PTSD.
Copyright 2015 Robert Vena Acupuncture-In-NJ.com All Rights Reserved. Art Licensed by Shutterstock
This page was last updated: 6/25/2016
Robert Vena, L.Ac., MSTOM
214 Engle Street Suite 23
Phone: (201) 357-0904