Acupuncture Arthritis Treatments
Robert Vena, New Jersey Acupuncturist for Arthritis Treatments in Englewood NJ 07631
Treating Arthritis with Acupuncture in NJ
Robert Vena, L.Ac., MSTOM
New Jersery Acupuncturist
214 Engle Street Suite 23
Englewood, NJ 07631
How Acupuncture Treatments Can Improve Arthritis Pain
“Rob is amazing! He really cares. Acupuncture saved me! I had so many problems with kidney stones. I had to have 40 stones removed!
When I started having acupuncture with Rob, it all stopped. I also had a hard time getting pregnant and didn’t think it was possible. After treatments for weeks, I’m happy to say I am 9 weeks pregnant.
Rob always follows up to make sure you are OK after treatment and he’s always there to answer any questions.
I strongly suggest if you’re looking for a knowledgeable and caring acupuncturist, you should go to Rob Vena!”
When one or more joints become inflamed, arthritis occurs. While arthritis is commonly associated with the aging process, those with prior injuries and surgeries can be affected as well. There are also many medical issues that can cause arthritis. If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, I can help you with acupuncture arthritis treatments.
Common Symptoms of Arthritis
There are more than 100 different types of arthritis that vary by degree of severity of pain and damage to the joint. They also vary with different medical conditions. All patients generally exhibit the same arthritic symptoms.
- Joint Stiffness - Patients may feel stiffness in their joints. The most common areas are the fingers, knees, elbows and wrists. It may be hard to fully move these joints.
- Pain - Pain is one of the largest complaints with arthritis. It is also the most common reason that most patients use medication. Pain can come from using the joints or can be a constant, throbbing pain. Some patients are unable to sleep well due to the pain.
- Swelling and Redness - Most patients experience swelling around their affected joints. These areas can also become inflamed and red. This signifies inflammation around the joint. If the joints are red and warm to the touch, they should seek medical attention. It could signify an infection in the joints.
- Limited Range of Motion - Patients may find daily activities harder to do. Bending, lifting and reaching all involve the joints. Some patients may only experience limited range of motion with certain activities such as swinging a golf club or lifting heavy weights.
There are more symptoms, such as fatigue, weight loss, muscle aches, rashes, and fevers. These are usually tied to a specific type of arthritis. As an Acupuncturist specializing in pain relief from arthritis, I can provide a treatment plan that is specific to you and your arthritis. I can help provide pain relief and swelling control without the use of medications.
Acupuncture has also been shown to help slow the process of damage to the joints. With regular treatments, I can help you control this disease naturally, so that you can enjoy daily activities again.
Common Causes of Arthritis
With hundreds of different types of arthritis, researchers are still examining causes. Currently, researchers are looking into how genetics come into play and what types of lifestyles may trigger arthritis. There are a few common causes among arthritic patients.
- Age - As we age, we raise our risk of developing arthritis. We live longer than our ancestors did and our bodies may not be equipped for it. General wear and tear on our joints cause them to become damaged and inflamed.
- Weight - Those who are overweight may be at higher risk for arthritis. Carrying extra weight puts more stress on the joints. Over time it can wear and tear the joints causing arthritis.
- Workplace - Those who do heavy labor and repetitive movement may be at risk. Certain jobs can cause injury and overexertion of the joints.
- Injuries and Surgeries - Injuries from sports or accidents and surgeries involving bones and ligaments can all trigger arthritis. This type of arthritis usually occurs later in life.
- Infection - Bacteria, fungi, or viruses can cause infection in the joints. This infection can cause the joints to swell and induce arthritis.
Treatment for Arthritis with Acupuncture
Western treatment for arthritis might include medications and, in some cases, surgery. While such treatment may help manage pain and help with daily activities, they may not prevent further damage. Additionally, these arthritis remedies may not help with range of motion and flexibility. Eventually the patient may become home bound and unable to do simple tasks. If you are looking for natural arthritis treatments in New Jersey, you've come to the right place.
Contact Robert Vena, NJ Acupuncturist for Arthritis Treatments
"While there is no cure for arthritis, there are acupuncture arthritis treatments. I treat arthritis pain relief using traditional, holistic acupuncture, which helps my patients to feel less confined by their arthritis and better able to enjoy daily activities once again."
-Robert Vena, NJ Acupuncturist
As an NJ Acupuncturist specializing in arthritis, I approach each patient on a case-by-case basis. I recognize that each person has different symptoms and unique health issues. After a careful examination, I will provide a treatment plan that is designed specifically for you. Acupuncture points for arthritis are located all over the body, and the specific points utilized are dependent upon your individual needs.
Unlike what many may think, the acupuncture points used might not be located directly over the arthritic joints that are troubling you. This means no additional irritation or pain caused to your current arthritic areas. Many may wonder if the acupuncture needles hurt. The needles are thin, flexible, and 25 - 50 times thinner than a standard hypodermic needle.
Most patients find the acupuncture procedure to be pain free and are able to fully relax and fall asleep during the process. With my arthritis treatments, you can start looking forward to living your life free of arthritic pain. With regular acupuncture treatments, we can also help to slow down the process of further damage done to the joints.
While there is no cure for arthritis, there are natural remedies. With proper treatments from a professional acupuncturist for arthritis, arthritis does not need to take over your life. If you have been recently diagnosed, I can help you maintain your range of motion and keep inflammation at bay. If you have been battling arthritis for some time, I can help you regain your health.
In recent studies, patients have shown marked improvements, noticing relief from pain and increased range of motion after just eight weeks. Some patients in the study were even able to cancel knee surgeries and hip replacements.
I want my patients to understand their acupuncture procedure and ask me as many questions as you like. If you're ready to start living a life free of pain and stiffness, give me a call to set up your appointment.
Copyright 2015 Robert Vena Acupuncture-In-NJ.com All Rights Reserved. Art Licensed by Shutterstock
This page was last updated: 6/25/2016
Robert Vena, L.Ac., MSTOM
214 Engle Street Suite 23
Phone: (201) 357-0904